We are an established partner and engineering service provider for the aerospace industry and are active in many other areas of the international high-tech industry.
Our long-term corporate strategy ensures satisfied employees and customers. We would therefore be very pleased to welcome you in our highly qualified team at HESYS.
For a project assignment with our well-known international customer in the high-tech sector in Bremen, we are looking for you as a Propulsion Subsystem Engineer for the Orion project.
As an overarching task the Propulsion Subsystem Engineer is supporting, or responsible for full-life cycle of the propulsion system for man-rated spacecraft; defining and/or overseeing the design, development, qualification, integration, and operation of the system and its components, interfacing with the system engineering team, and keeping safety at the forefront.
You are responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyse design & project requirements and perform trade-off between various design solutions for space vehicle propulsion subsystems and/or components.
- Support to service module team throughout integration and acceptance test phase
- Design, Development, and Qualification of complex system
- Design to requirements and verify compliance
- Preparation, review, and presentation at major design reviews (PDR/CDR/QR/FRR…)
- Lead propulsion system modelling using appropriate modelling methods and tools (such as ECOSIM).
- Lead analysis (Analysis of characteristics and performance).
- Assessment of test performance and build verification at all phases of test activities
- Performance analysis of the propulsion system
- Review of fluidic system interactions, cleanliness, and processes
- Define and manage interfaces, for mechanical and thermal aspects of the propulsion system
- Support to operations team, preparation of concept of operations, and inputs to flight parameters and user manuals
- Safely design, qualify, and operate systems and components of hazardous nature
- Responsible engineer from conception to end-of-life
Spacecraft Propulsion Development Engineering:
- Assess detailed performance of selected solution and its compliance with the specification
- Contribute todefinition of performance requirements of lower level elements
- Contribute to definition of validation & test plan, and, then, assess the results
- Analyse any deviations during the manufacturing phase and assess its acceptability
- Propose improvement and R&D actions within the space vehicle propulsion subsystems respective technical fields
- Degree in engineering or aviation and aerospace or technical studies, at least a bachelor’s degree or comparable
- Experience in Design, development, qualification, integration, and operation of liquid propulsion systems and their components
- Experience with ESA and NASA highly appreciated
- Experience with High pressure systems (400 bar), Propulsion system components, Design and concept of operations of systems that use hazardous fluids (chemical bipropellants) and Fluidic and propulsion performance analysis
- Man-rated flight systems & associated safety process or similar experience in aerospace, mechanical (machinery, manufacturing, oil & gas), and nuclear industries
- Thermal engineering experience (is a plus)
- Fluidic modelling (simulation), including water hammer and venting using ECOSIM and Matlab simulation tools (is a plus)
- Language skills: English business fluent B2, German proficient B1
HESYS TechnicalSystems GmbH & Co. KG