We are an established partner and engineering service provider for the aerospace industry and are active in many other areas of the international high-tech industry.
Our long-term corporate strategy ensures satisfied employees and customers.
We would therefore be very pleased to welcome you in our highly qualified team at HESYS.
We are looking for you as Galileo Validation Engineer (f/m/d) for a project assignment with our well-known international high-tech customer in the south of Munich.
The Galileo system is operational and is providing Initial Services since December 2016 and Enhanced Services since 2019. With Open Service and Search and Rescue already under provision Galileo is preparing further Service evolutions to extend towards safety and increased reliability.
You will actively contribute to the definition and implementation of the Galileo services, evolving from the present Galileo Enhanced Services phase up to the Galileo Full Operational Capability and beyond.
You work as a Galileo Validation Engineer (m/f/d) for Open Service / Authentication / Search and Rescue and the main tasks are:
- Definition and Justification of Service Requirements for the Galileo Open Service, with focus on Open Service Navigation Message Authentication and the new features of the Galileo Search and Rescue Service.
- Contribution to the Service Definition Document and Preparation of a Justification File.
- Simulation of service performance for justification of Minimum Performance Levels by means of Service Volume Simulations
- Definition of key performance indicators (KPI) to characterize the performance and implementation of software tools for KPI monitoring.
- Monitoring and reporting of Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis
- Support to the definition of the satellite selection algorithm definition and evaluation of the impact of satellite relocation
- Development and implementation of software tools for test and validation of the Service and participation to service validation campaigns
- Post-processing of GNSS receiver data for message analysis
- Support to the preparation of the service validation plan, development and specification of Test Cases and Test Procedures, preparation of test reports, assessment and presentation of test results.
- Follow-up of the validation activities of other stakeholders (collection of verification credits from system qualification activities, operational validation and external participants to the validation campaign)
- Participation to project reviews.
- Support to management of NCRs and RFDs/RFWs
- Support the Galileo Service Requirements Engineering and Validation team for any topic related to Galileo services, Galileo mission and system evolution (including the Galileo Second Generation) and contributing to any other tasks of the Galileo System Support team, as necessary
- Liaison with the customer (EUSPA, ESA) in relation to the tasks above.
- Degree in electrical engineering or mathematics or physics or engineering or a technical degree or comparable
- Experience with systems engineering processes are necessary
- Experience with Requirements Engineering and verification according to ECSS standards are required
- Knowledge of system design, navigation signals and system performance of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GPS, Galileo, Glonass) or Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (EGNOS)
- Understanding GNSS receiver processing techniques is requested
- Understanding of cryptographic approaches for secure communication and data authentication or understanding of the Galileo Search and Rescue Service
- Knowledge of C / C ++, Python or Matlab
- Language skills: Basic German A1, business fluent English B2
HESYS TechnicalSystems GmbH & Co. KG